Friday, July 18, 2008

Well, I don't really know where to begin. A lot has happened since I last blogged. I'm designing a shawl (Miss Austen) for The Unique Sheep. I contacted Laura and asked if she was interested in crochet shawl designs, sent her some swatch pics, and she said yes! So now I get to play with Tinsel Toes in their Orange Gold colorway, which is absolutely stunning.

I've never worked with handpainted yarn before, so this will be a first for me. I'm really excited about the opportunity, the exposure, and of course, THE YARN!! At this point in time, I'm unsure of when the pattern will be released.

My husband and I are getting ready to send munchkins to Grandma's and Aunt Amy's while we run off to Eureka Springs next weekend! I can hardly wait. We have barely been alone since our honeymoon! Obviously, since we've had our son since our marriage, there was some alone time in there somewhere, but not much. ;)

I've posted a wish list to the side, since family members usually start asking me what I want for my birthday and Christmas about now. Both are in December. Hint hint, MOM, AMY, and GRANDMA! :D Also, if anyone from RAK wants to know what I want/like, well, there it is.

Oh, I have a new design book coming! It's a Japanese stitch dictionary, and I've heard rave reviews about it. I should be getting it around the first of August, and then I'll see if I can actually put some of my design ideas into yarn. I'm really excited about it!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Missouri, United States
I am a full time stay-at-home mom and a complete yarnaholic. I'm married to my favorite husband and we have 3 beautiful daughters and a handsome baby boy. I learned to crochet at the age of 11 and have been doing it off and on ever since. I love crocheting and want to learn how to knit eventually.